1. All advertisements and commercially sponsored publications are independent from editorial decisions. JITM does not endorse any product or service marked as an advertisement or promoted by a sponsor in JITM publications.
2. JITM reserves the right to decline any type of advertising that is damaging to the brand of JITM or is proper to the content held on the JITM network.
3. JITM will not accept advertising for products or services which are known to be harmful to health (e.g. tobacco and alcohol products).
4. Advertisements may not be deceptive or misleading, and must be verifiable. Advertisements should clearly identify the advertiser and the product or service being offered. Exaggerated or extravagantly worded copy will not be allowed.
5. Advertisements will be rejected if they appear to be unethical or offensive in either text or artwork, or if they relate to content of a personal, racial, ethnic, sexual orientation, or religious nature.
6. Once an advertisement has been deployed online, it will be withdrawn from the journal site at any time if the editor(s)-in-chief or publisher requests its removal.
7. JITM will not allow any treatment-specific or drug-specific campaign to be targeted to a specific article(s) or on any page where content relates to the product(s) being advertised.
8. Advertisements and editorial content must be clearly distinguishable. JITM will not publish “advertorial” content, and sponsored supplements must be clearly indicated as such.
9. Editorial decisions will not be influenced by current or potential sponsors and advertisers, and will not be influenced by marketing decisions.
10. If any advert is requested outside of JITM standard advertising positions then a request should be made to editorial who will respond with a full and final decision within 3 working days.
Advertising complaints policy